[MOL] carboplatin [00286] Medicine On Line

[MOL] carboplatin

I am taking carboplatin with taxol for lung cancer treatment. In my case i am fine for 2  days after treatment. For the next 2 days I'm tired with a reduced appetite.
After the fourth day I return to normal with no side effects. I have taken 3 treatments, spaced 3 weeks apart. My blood count and kidney function has remained normal and I feel great. The only noticable side effect is hair loss. After 3 treatments my tumor has dramatically reduced in size and I may not need more chemotherapy. I may need additional radiation treatment and possibly surgury but the signs are good for a complete cure. I would have no hesitation to using carboplatin if the doctors feel it can treat a condition. In my case the side effects to taxol and carboplatin have been minimal compared to the results..