Re[2]: [MOL] Distraction [00283] Medicine On Line

Re[2]: [MOL] Distraction

     Hi Nicky,

     I think it depends on the type of leukemia, although there are certain
     symptoms that are common to most of them.  My boyfriend has Acute
     Mylogenous Leukemia.

     We first noticed symptoms about a month before he was diagnosed,
     although it may have been with him for a little longer than that.  He
     started to get really tired while performing simple activities and
     this increased to the point where he would barely have the energy to
     go to work.  He also had a cold, or what we though was a cold for
     about a month which wouldn't go away.  It turns out that his immune
     system wasn't able to fight off any random bugs that came his way.
     The main symptom that really sent us to the hospital was that his
     heart rate would race up to 150 if he walked from his office at work
     to a co-workers and it would be at about 100 while he was at rest.
     There are a lot other symptoms, like he was really pale and he also
     got nose bleeds frequently.

     Anyways I hope this is helpful.  There is a lot of information out on
     the web about leukemia.  Here are a couple that I found that give a
     good general overview of what leukemia is and how it's treated.
        http://www.leukemia.org
        http://www.leukemia-research.org
        www.meds.com/leukemia/leukindexe.html

     Brandi