RE: [MOL] Distraction [00281] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] Distraction

My experience has been very similar to yours as far as thinking about it all
the time.  I try not to talk about it at work because I don't want anyone to
feel sorry for my situation-my Mom was diagnosed in June with terminal liver
cancer which started in her bile ducts.  I don't talk about it with anyone
really except with my Mom.  My husband is in denial and doesn't like to
discuss it.  It often feels like I want to explode sometimes that everyone
else is living a normal life (it seems) and I am dealing with this terrible
thing.  It has definitely been helpful to start reading this forum and to
realize that there are many, many people who are dealing with life and death
issues.  There are some days when I don't think about it very much and some
days when it is ALWAYS there.  One thing might help is to remember that when
it comes down to it, all we really have is today.  Don't waste prescious
time agonizing all the time, appreciate what there is to appreciate now-even
if it is just remembering that it could be worse.... make the most of your
time with your boyfriend.

Regards

Dusti