[MOL] Distraction [00276] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Distraction

     Hello All,

     I'm at work and feeling extremely distracted today.

     My boyfriend was diagnosed with AML this past May and as the treatment
     has gone on, I feel like I've gotten more and more obsessed by it to
     the point that I feel like that's all I think/talk about.  Does anyone
     here feel like you almost obsess over the disease.  I'm not really
     even sure if I remember what my life was like before all this
     happened, or if I can even have a conversation with someone without
     bringing up the cancer at least once.

     Well, I guess I'm just doing a little ranting.  My boyfriend is doing
     really well, he's in remission and only has one more round of chemo
     left.  I shouldn't complain, but I'm worried that I'm losing friends
     and possibly hurting my position at work because all I seem to be able
     to think about lately is cancer and treatment and what the next step
     is, etc....

     Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone had some advice on how to
     train myself not to obsess about it so much.  I'd appreciate the
     advice.

     Thanks,
     Brandi