Re[2]: [MOL] AML Treatment [00182] Medicine On Line

Re[2]: [MOL] AML Treatment

     Hello Denise,

     My boyfriend has AML, subtype M2.  The induction round was Idarubicin
     (over 3days) and Cytarabine (over 7days), since then he has had
     Cytarabine at a higher dose, I don't remember the exact dosage, as an
     outpatient six doses 12 hours apart and he has completed three round
     of consolidation plus the one induction round.  His Dr. wants to do
     one more consolidation round, but he's already so wasted from the
     first four rounds.  It definately gets tougher with each successive
     round and he just finished the fourth one this past week.  I've also
     noticed that it takes him longer to rebound from the chemo after each
     round.

     I'm just not sure if it's necessary for him to go through another
     round.  He's going in to see his Dr on Friday this week and he's going
     to talk to him about it.  I would like to get some more information on
     extra consolidation rounds.  His Dr is great, but he doesn't necessary
     volumteer information, and we have to be able to ask the right
     questions.

     Well, I hope your son is doing well.  He sounds like a real fighter as
     do you.

     Brandi