[MOL] AML Treatment [00175] Medicine On Line

[MOL] AML Treatment

     Hello All,

     I am new to this list.  My boyfriend was diagnosed with AML this past
     May.  He's doing really well and he's been in Remission since after
     the first round of chemo.

     It's been an exhausting couple of months, especially for him, and his
     doctor has just decided that he wants him to go through an extra round
     of chemo to increase his odds of staying in remission.  I'm just not
     sure if this extra round is necessary, but I'm also not sure where to
     go for advice.  I've been doing some more research, but I'm not sure
     where to look to find more info/statistics on patients who have more
     than the standard amount of consolidation rounds.

     Has anyone here experienced this, or know where I might look to find
     more information.  I just don't want him to go through any more than
     he really has to, the four rounds he has done so far have been hard
     enough.

     Well, I would appreciate the help.

     Thanks,
     Brandi