Re: [MOL] mastectomy following lumpectomy - avoiding radiatioon/Reply [00135] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] mastectomy following lumpectomy - avoiding radiatioon/Reply

Dear Friend:  Welcome to our wonderful forum.  I am a two time cancer
survivor with the second being breast cancer.  I had a mastectomy, no
reconstruction; so I can give you my side and there will be other Molers who
can give you their side who have had reconstruction.  I am almost five
year's cancer free; however I wish with all my heart I had reconstruction
done.  One does not realize the difference it makes in many ways.  There is
the obvious that you are disfigured, then the pain of carrying an attachment
that makes you hotter than the rest of the world.  Now, how about sleeping
on your stomach?  That is certainly different, and you move about a bed
differently, your clothes hang differently, it just goes on and
on.....that's my view point.  Everyone is different and everyone's body is
different; so take all the information you get and then make the decision
best for you.  Know that we are here for you at all times, your friend,
lillian

http://askjeeves.com/main/askJeeves.asp?ask=What+is+breast+cancer%3F&x=23&y=
14  This site will give you much information regarding breast cancer.