[MOL] mastectomy following lumpectomy - avoiding radiatioon [00129] Medicine On Line

[MOL] mastectomy following lumpectomy - avoiding radiatioon

I  had a lumpectomy 6 weeks ago.  Have not started radiation therapy because
the biopsy scar is not yet totally healed.  Want to have mastectomy now with
reconstruction.  I wonder if my insurance company will pay and, although this
is what I want, if it is the right thing to do.  I really didn't have enough
information prior to the lumpectomy to make this decision.  My lymph glands
are clear.  I would appreciate hearing from others who  have been faced with
this decision.  Also, please relate reference material.  Thanks.