Re: [MOL] adenocarcinoma [01218] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] adenocarcinoma

Hi Vickie:  I know it's weird for our moms aren't sick.  My mom's only
symptoms are a decreased appetite and tiring easier than usual.  We just
got back from Morgantown and meeting with the doctor.  He reviewed the PET
scan results and still no primary tumor could be located.  She has most of
her liver with cancer cells in it and now a few hepatic lymph nodes as
well.  She starts her chemotherapy this coming Monday.  She'll be getting
the drug 5-FU every day for 1 week.  Then we wait for 3 weeks to see how
the cancer responds, meet with the doc again and take it from there after
we see how the cancer responds to the chemo.   The doc said this type of
chemo doesn't have many side effects and very little loss of hair...mainly
just thinning of hair.  So hopefully, she'll be able to tolerate it well.
Keep me posted on you and your mom as I will you.  We may have something
that'll help each other and can also be a support to each other.  Take care
and I'll hold you 2 in my thoughts and prayers.  Your friend, Joy