[MOL] [Fwd: Fix Your PC for Y2K: No joke] [01209] Medicine On Line

[MOL] [Fwd: Fix Your PC for Y2K: No joke]

---- Begin included message ----

Subject: Fw: Fix Your PC for Y2K: No joke
Hi,

CHECK YOUR COMPUTER'S DATE!

Someone was kind enough to send this information to me, so I am passing it on. Perhaps you might do the same for your friends.

I ran the test on my computer and the author was correct, Windows is defaulted to fail the roll-over to Jan 1, 2000. But the fix is easy and you can do it. It might save a lot of frustration.

TO TEST YOUR COMPUTER:

    Double click on "My Computer".
    Double click on "Control Panel".
    Double click on "Regional Settings" icon.
    Click on the "Date" tab at the top of the page.
     Where it says, "Short Date Sample", see if yours shows a "two digit" year. If so, that's the default setting for Windows 95,Windows 98 and NT.
This date is the date that feeds application software and WILL NOT rollover in the year 2000. It will roll over to 00.
    Click on the button across from "Short Date Style" and select the option that shows, mm/dd/yyyy. (Make sure your selection has four Y's showing, not two)
    VERY IMPORTANT: Then click on "Apply" and then click on "OK" at the bottom.

Now your computer will roll over to year 2000 instead of 1900.

To notify your friends, cut and paste this URL:

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/4582/datchang.html

This saves you the trouble later on ... pass this around to help the others.

Kakkappan
---- End included message ----