RE: [MOL] Reply to Ricangirl [01137] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] Reply to Ricangirl

Hello.  My name is Kathy Corrigan.  I am a small cell lung cancer survivor.
I was given Taxotere, Cisplatin, Carboplatin, and VP-16 -- also Taxol --
during my chemotherapy.  Taxotere and Taxol are both aggressive forms of
chemo, but they have had excellent results, especially when used in
combination with other drugs.  The side effects I experienced were ringing
ears, blurred vision, nausea, agitation, anxiety, and extreme fatigue, but
like Lillian says, everyone is different.  By the way, I was given six
months (by a tactless radiation therapist, not my oncologist).  It will be
two years in December that I was diagnosed.  Both doctors say I'm completely
cured.  This is why it's not a real good idea to give a patient a time
frame.  We're constantly proving the doctors wrong!!!  Good luck to you.
Kathy