[MOL] Humor! [01418] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Humor!

My Favorite Mule Bessie

 Clyde, a farmer in Alabama, decided his injuries from the
 accident were serious enough to take the trucking company
 (responsible for the accident) to court.

In court the trucking company's fancy lawyer was questioning
Clyde.   "Didn't you say at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine?'" asked
the lawyer.

Clyde responded, "Well, I'll tell you what happened.  I had just loaded my
favorite mule Bessie into the..."

"I didn't ask for any details," the lawyer interrupted, "just
 answer the question.  Did you or did you not say 'I'm fine'   at the scene
of the accident?"

 Clyde said, "Well, yes, but I had just got Bessie into the
 trailer and I was driving down the road..."
 The lawyer interrupted again and said, "Judge, I am trying to
 establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this   man told the
Highway Patrolman on the scene that he was just   fine. Now several weeks
after the accident he is trying to   sue my client.  I believe he is a
fraud.  Please tell him to  simply answer the question."

 By this time the Judge was fairly interested in Clyde's   answer and said
to the lawyer, "I'd like to hear what he has   to say about his favorite
mule, Bessie."

 Clyde thanked the Judge and proceeded, "Well, like I was   saying, I had
just loaded Bessie, my favorite mule, into the   trailer and was driving
her down the highway when this huge   semi-truck and trailer ran the stop
sign and smacked my truck   right in the side.  I was thrown into one ditch
and Bessie   was thrown into the other.  I was hurting real bad and didn't
 want to move.  However, I could hear ole Bessie moaning and   groaning.  I
knew she was in terrible shape just by her   groans."About that time a
Highway Patrolman came on the    scene.  He could  hear Bessie moaning and
groaning so he
 went over to her. "After he looked at her he took out his
 gun and shot her between the eyes.

 "Then the Patrolman came across the road with his gun in his   hand and
looked at me and said,  'And, how are you feeling?'"