[MOL] Fw: Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: lsts.meds.com: host [01388] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Fw: Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: lsts.meds.com: host not found)

----- Original Message -----
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON>
To: <firefly@islc.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 1999 6:56 AM
Subject: Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: lsts.meds.com: host not
found)

> The original message was received at Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:46:43 -0400 (EDT)
> from ts6b99.islc.net [208.249.10.99]

> <mol-cancer@lsts.meds.com>

> 451 <francisco.millan@datatronics.es>... I/O error
> 550 <mol-cancer@lsts.meds.com>... Host unknown (Name server:
lsts.meds.com: host not found)

ATT00178.dat

---- Begin included message ----
Francisco,  I have not forgotten you and your plea to help a friends mother.  Infact I am still praying for all of you.  Is this what you are looking for?  I could not find any July's posting in the archive; however did find this in my saved file.  If this is not what you are looking for then I would suggest that you go to the publishers of the magazine and see if they can help you with your article.  I regret it has taken me so long to get back to you; but I was really trying to find what you are looking for.  Good luck friend, and let us hear from you, lillian
r, was diagnosed with a stage IIIB non small cell lung cancer in her right lung and a malignant adenocarcinoma Plurel Effusion back on June, 1998.  I am pleased to report that she is doing very well.  Randi went on a combination chemo therapy for several months, lost all her hair and was wiped out for some time.  Yet, it never broke her spirit or determination to get well and be there for our two young boys.

She is also on a clinical trial program sponsored by UCLA and Genentech, called Vascular Epithelial Growth Factor (VEGF) Angiogenisis drug.  It is a phase II study.  They study is now coming to a completion.  We were a bit surprised by this, as the original patient Informed Consent statement stated that Randi would be able to continue to get this clinical trial medicine just as long as the disease was stable.  Now, if her disease progresses, we have been told she can once again get this drug.  We do not know if it works or not.  What we do know is that with all things considered, Randi is doing rather well.

She is tired a lot.  This could be left over side effect from the heavy chemo. she was on.  She also has a few various other side effects that have sent her to an emergency room.  Again, we keep a very positive attitude, keep things as normal around our home as possible, and keep hoping and praying.  Randi is my Hero.  She is our boys hero...and she continues to do great.

emember me, I'm the Spanish boy that have a friend whose mother has NSCLC. I've asked you before for some information. I've been out for some weeks and not able to read the MOL list. Today I've found the MOL archive of July and I saw a information that you sent to the MOL list whose subject is "Therapeutic options for treament of malignant effusion " dated in July 27 1999. I've tried to reach the full article at the web site you linked the e-mail but I'm affraid that is not available anymore, they only store the last 2 issues of the magazine Cancer Weekly Plus. Please is it possible for you to send me the full article you mention? I already know that it could be a little bit late but please I hope you could help her.

     I hope, wish, that I'm wrong but I'm affraid that this week doctors are going to tell my mother's friend that they can't do anything more for her but I know that they, my friend Yolanda and her beloved mother and her family will keep on fighting. I hope MOL people who believe could spent a little prayer for their will and for helping them keep on fighting.

Sorry if I've bothered you, thanks in advance and best wishes.

Wishing you the best.
Francisco.
Francisco José Millán Benayas

DATATRONICS, S.A.     Dep. I+D
Tlf: 34-913 86 38 38  Fax: 34-913 73 26 46
e-mail: francisco.millan@datatronics.es
---- End included message ----