[MOL] (no subject) [01307] Medicine On Line

[MOL] (no subject)

Dear Thomas,  My husband was just diagnosed with the same type cancer in the
salivary gland on the roof of the mouth.  We find ourselves in the same
situation you were in. Unfortunately, no one seems to have any answers on
this rare cancer. His doctors at USC Norris cancer hospital say surgery, then
radiation, but we are fighting the idea of both. Doctors are notoriously bad
about not preparing the patient for after effects. Did your doctors recommend
surgery and you turned it down or was it not an option for you? What problems
did you encounter from the radiation? Any advice for us?
    We have not decided what hospital to use, but I do have 800 numbers for
the Cancer Treatment Center if you have not spoken to them. The number is 800
955-2822. and the web sight is www.cancercenter.com . I wish we could go
there for treatment, but it is not feasible for us. They may be able to
provide answers you have not found so far. Just a thought. I hope you are
doing well. Please let me hear from you. Thanks, Karen Austin