RE: [MOL] competing during chemo? [01298] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] competing during chemo?

Hi

I think I don't really belong on this list - I don't have cancer - my 4 year
old daughter katy has leukaemia.  I already belong to a bunch of paed lists.
Anyhow - on this fatigue thing:  Katy has never once been tired because of
chemo, or nauseous.  The only tiredness has come from really low hb.  One
thing I can see for sure on the paed ALL lists is that everyone reacts
differently to the chemo and some people have a very strong tolerance.  I
guess this woman is one of the lucky ones. Long term impact is another thing
entirely and it scares me.  From what I have seen and heard since Katy's dx
last year is that the vast majority of people undergoing chemo suffer very
badly from side effects.  I know that for me it is often a reality check to
read other parents' mail or see what kids are going through in the
hospital - life has been pretty much normal for us as a family.

Take care
Lynne.
Mom to Katy (age 4 with ALL) and Sarah (4.5 months and a red-headed holy
terror)