From: Elizabeth Patterson
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 1999 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: [MOL] Tropical Storm Warning and Hurricane watch

Hi Lillian,
I take it you are right in the path of this tropical storm. I suppose you know how to batten down the hatches and cope, but I don't envy you the need to do so. We never have any storms that do the kind of damage Hurricanes do. I hope you will be safe and that the storm passes you without causing any damage.
Love
Liz

Sunday, August 29, 1999
The National Hurricane Center in Miami has issued Tropical Storm Warning and Hurricane watch for Beaufort County. Later today tropical force winds (winds exceeding 39 mph) may effect Beaufort County. Residents should remove articles from their yards which may become flying debris and capable of damaging property and causing injury. Downed power lines may be a problem later today and caution should be taken to stay away from any lines. Residents are asked to report any downed lines to the power company.
Visitor and residents should be aware of the effect of tropical storm winds on large vehicles such as recreational vehicles and camper trailers. Beach erosion may occur and dangerous rip currents are present. Residents and visitors are encouraged to stay out of the ocean today.
The Beaufort County Emergency Operations Center and the Town of Hilton Head Emergency Operations Center will be open throughout the day.