RE: [MOL] Lung cancer [00983] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] Lung cancer

Title: RE: [MOL] Lung cancer

Dear Mike:  I am a 57 year old lung cancer survivor (small cell -- nearly two years).  I was given Taxotere (similar to Taxol, I believe), as well as Carboplatin, Cisplatin, and VP-16.  Also, 33 hits of radiation.  I didn't have any radiation to the brain, because the cancer hadn't spread.  I do believe that the combination chemo is fairly standard for lung cancer.  I certainly hope it works for your wife.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help -- any questions I can answer, etc.  I have certainly been there.  Your friend, Kathy in Boise  P.S.  I feel very good and there's ALWAYS HOPE!!!