Re: [MOL] Speaking of lousy treatment [00575] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Speaking of lousy treatment

Hi Lillian,
One of the problems is they don't want to pay a decent wage for
office help. They would have to pay more to hire efficient, competent
people. I laid it on the line. One of my students had formerly worked
for my doctor and she said she liked working for him but couldn't
afford to go back there because she would have to start back at $6.00
an hour and the doctor she is now working for pays her $9.00 an hour,
and she is treated with respect. Although she is young, she is bright
and sensitive to people because she has been through it. She had
stage 2 skin cancer at age 20 (a couple of years ago), and she has
experienced the fear of a "positive biopsy".  Too many of these
offices hire young, inexperienced kids who will work cheap, but have
no life experience to prepare them for what they need to be able to
do.
Liz