Re: [MOL] 5fu [00516] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] 5fu

Dear Ralph,
    I have read that 5FU in tandem with Gemzar has proved to be more
effective than either drug separately.  Also, check out Staten Island
University Hospital. They are doing "full liver radiation" and have found
success.  If you are losing weight you may consider a G-tube or J-tube to
supplement oral feedings, meanwhile drink some boost or ensure plus. My
husband had pancreatic CA with metastases to the liver. We had treatment all
set for Staten Island, but unfortunately we didn't get that far.  Good Luck.
Nisi