From: BERTS1041@AOL.COM
To: <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
Sent: August 10, 1999 11:22:01 PM GMT
Subject: [MOL] To All Molers

My husband just called me off my computer for a moment, to watch the news.
There was another shooting.  This time it was at a daycare center.  I
believe that no one has died, but the gunman shot a 65 yr. old worker, a 16
yr. old, a 9 yr. old, and two 6 yr. olds.
What a scarey, evil world we live in.  Surely, there's some good....the
love of family and friends, the beauty of a sunset over the water, the love
of God.  But, things are growing worse with each generation.
My point is this:
We can be so thankful for our blessings, and our awareness of what's
important through our illnesses.  Many of us will recover, some will not,
but
at least we've been able to have full, meaningful lives.  Many of our poor
children will never even reach our ages (I'm 48), and my heart goes out to
them.  It seems that those with mental illnesses are 'snowballing' out of
control.
I thank God, though I have cancer, for each and every day, and for each
blessing He has bestowed upon me, and for you all.
Thanks for listening.
Roberta