Re: [MOL] Chris/Reply [01134] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Chris/Reply

Chris:  It is tricky when someone answers medical questions, (for insurance
purposes), that is why the goal was set for this forum (not by me) to try to
help people find the answers for themselves.  It is also very beneficial
that the faster we can get a newly diagnosed cancer person to start
researching and asking question, the faster they take part  in their own
recovery and gain as much control as possible with this disease.  Once they
are strong enough they start helping new members and this also is most
beneficial to the healing process.

Some sites have Doctors that can be asked and that is something I think we
could do is direct someone to those sites for very specific questions.  The
main Welcome letter has a disclaimer on it, and also you will note Marty
saying, it is just a suggestion, or in my opinion.  These words ensure our
protection.

 I truly believe our purpose is a bit different than others.  That is, we
walk people through their pain emotionally by being there for them, we
encourage people and yes we do give medical information that is taken from
the news, cancer centers etc., they are only passed on and is our way to
help educate individuals.  I believe deep in my heart that we provide an
outstanding service,. That we provide an abundance of TLC through "LOVE,
UNDERSTANDING ,COMPASSION and A SENSE  of BELONGING" .

Individuals have said this, they have said how much they appreciate our
group very many times.  Does this mean we are the site for everyone, in no
way; as no site can be everything to everyone.  To diminish what we are
doing, each and everyone who reaches out their hand to someone from our site
to go to what one may call " more professional" would be a dis- service to
our forum.  You have even mentioned some time ago how much you liked our
site over others (ah!  My memory does work!!!)  I firmly believe in this
forum and all our wonderful people on it.  I am often amazed and gratified
at the compassion in which this forum operates.

Now realizing that  we are a democratic forum, one could always take a vote
on this, with majority ruling and everyone having the right to agree to
disagree. love ya, lillian