[MOL] Re: Fwd: Things to Touch your heart [01091] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re: Fwd: Things to Touch your heart

The Most Caring Child

Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked
judge.  The purpose of the  contest was to find the most caring child.  The
winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly
gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the
little
boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat
there.
When his mother asked him what he had said to the neighbor,
the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry."

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What It Means to Be Adopted

Teacher Debbie Moon's first graders were
discussing a picture of a family.  One
little boy in the picture had a different
color hair than the other family members.
One child suggested that he was adopted
and a little girl said, "I know all about
adoptions because I was adopted." "What
does it mean to be adopted?" asked another
child.  "It means," said the girl, "that
you grew in your mommy's  heart instead of
her tummy."

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barney

A four year old was at the pediatrician for a check up. As the
doctor looked down her ears with an otoscope, he asked, "Do you
think I'll find Big Bird in here?" The little girl stayed
silent.  Next, the doctor took a tongue depressor and looked
down her throat.  He asked, "Do  you think I'll find the Cookie
Monster down there?" Again, the little girl was silent.  Then
the doctor put a  stethoscope to her chest.  As he listened to
her heart beat, he asked, "Do you think I'll hear Barney in
there?"  "Oh, no!" the little girl replied.  "Jesus is in my
heart. Barney's on my underpants."

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discouraged?

As I was driving home from work one day, I stopped to
watch a local Little League baseball game that was being
played in a park near my home.

As I sat down behind the bench on the first-base line, I
asked one of the boys what the score was.  "We're
behind 14 to nothing," he answered with a smile.
"Really," I said. "I have to say you don't look very
discouraged."  "Discouraged?" the boy asked with
a puzzled look on his face.  "Why should we be
discouraged?  We haven't been up to bat yet."

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roles And How We Play Them
Whenever I'm disappointed with my spot in my life, I
stop and think about little Jamie Scott.  Jamie was
trying out for a part in a school play.  His mother told
me that he'd set his heart on being in it, though she
feared he would not be chosen.  On the day the parts
were awarded, I went with her to collect him after
school.  Jamie rushed up to her, eyes shining with
pride and excitement.  "Guess what Mom," he shouted,
and then said those words that will remain a lesson to me:
"I've been chosen to clap and cheer."

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An Eye Witness Account from New York City, on a cold
day in December...

A little boy about 10 years old was standing before a shoe
store on the roadway, barefooted, peering through the
window, and shivering with cold.  A lady approached
the boy and said, "My little fellow, why are you looking so
earnestly in that window?"  "I was asking God to give me a
pair of shoes," was the boys reply.  The lady took him by the
hand and went into the store and asked the clerk to get half a
dozen pairs of socks for the boy.  She then asked if he could
give her a basin of water and a towel. He quickly brought them
to her.  She took the little fellow to the back part of the
store and, removing her gloves knelt down, washed his little
feet, and dried them with a towel.  By this time the clerk had
returned with the socks. Placing a pair upon the boy's feet,
she purchased him a pair of shoes.  She tied up the remaining
pairs of socks and gave them to him.  She patted him on the
head and said, "No doubt, my little fellow, you feel more
comfortable now?"

As she turned to go, the astonished lad caught her by the
hand, and looking up in her face, with tears in his eyes,
answered the question with these words:
"Are you God's Wife?"