[MOL] on surviving cancer [01083] Medicine On Line

[MOL] on surviving cancer

Hello, my friends...this is a really interesting interview by the author of
a book I found very helpful when I was first diagnosed -- "What To Do When
They Say 'It's Cancer.'" Below the link is an excerpt which will give you a
feel for his philosophy...he's a real fighter. Love, Joicy

Chat transcript: Joel Nathan on surviving cancer
    [07/29/99; Cable News Network]

(CNN) -- The following is an edited transcript of a chat with
Joel Nathan, author of "What To Do When They Say 'It's Cancer.'"
Nathan joined the chat from Australia (where it was 3 a.m. his
time!). The chat took place Friday, July 23, 1999.

The full article can be found at:

http://cnn.com/HEALTH/cancer/9907/28/chat.nathan/index.html

Joel Nathan: All cancers are treatable, some more easily than others. The
doctor who tells you
                        your cancer is treatable is a fighter! The ones to
worry about are the ones who say there is
                        nothing more they can do. Keep fighting. There is a
paradox here. There will always be a time
                        when no matter what treatment you receive, you will
succumb -- if not to the cancer you now
                        have, then to some other affliction. We all have to
die. It is what we have to accept with grace at
                        some point. In the meantime, keep fighting!