Re: [MOL] Myelofibrosis Information Request- response [00954] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Myelofibrosis Information Request- response

Mayo Clinic (hematology) has had an interest in myelofibrosis for many years
and probably has more data on file about this bone marrow disorder than any
other research group.  I'm not sure about the large medical center in
Baltimore Md., however.  If the patient is under 40 years of age that is the
place for a marrow transplant too.  I was told that only the young should
consider this procedure so this option is not open for me.  Anadrol
(oxymetholone) has kept my status stable and blood transfusion has not been
necessary for a long period of time.  I wish you well and keep in mind that
my Mayo Clinic doctor at Jacksonville Florida, Solberg (a great guy by the
way) advised that one with this disorder can live for decades.