[MOL] Food for thought... [00604] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Food for thought...

...from a priest...

---- Begin included message ----
FUNNY ISN'T IT?

 Funny how a $10.00 bill looks so big when you take it to church, but so
small when you take it to the mall.

 Funny how big an hour serving God looks and how small 60 minutes are when
spent playing golf, fishing or shopping.

 Funny how long a couple of hours spent at church, but how short they are
when watching a movie.

 Funny how we get thrilled when a football game goes into overtime, but we
complain when a sermon is longer than the regular time.

 Funny how laborious it is to read a chapter in the Bible and how easy it is
to read 200-300 pages of a best selling novel.

 Funny how we believe what newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

 Funny how people scramble to get a front seat at any game, but scramble to
get a back seat at church service.

 Funny how we cannot fit a gospel meeting into our schedule with yearly
planner but we can schedule for other events at a moment's notice.

 Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks to fit a church event into our schedule, but
can adjust it for a social event at the last minute.

 Funny how much difficulty some have learning a simple gospel well enough to
tell others, but how simple it is for the same people to understand and
explain gossip about someone.

 Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray, and don't have any
difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a friend.

 Funny how we are so quick to take direction from a total stranger when we
are lost, but are hesitant to take God's direction to be found.

 Funny how people are so consumed with what others think about them rather
than what God thinks about them.

 Funny how so many churchgoers sing "Standing on the Promises" but all they
do is sit on the premises.

 Funny how people think that they can get more accomplished in a lifetime
without God than in an hour with Him.

 Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven, provided they don't have to
believe, or to think, or to say, or to do anything.