Re: [MOL] Deb/tamoxifen [00302] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Deb/tamoxifen

Dear Lillian,
I really appreciate your input. I am not sure if tamoxifen is right for
me or not, but I feel that I need to give it a try. I never want to look
back and say what if.... if only.....why didn't I.... If I have a
reoccurrence at least I did all I could to prevent it. If I decide that
the tamoxifen is not for me at least I tried it. It is not a sure fire
safety net, meaning I know that I still need to have all the follow ups
and mammograms. Look I have done a SBE since I was 18, 28 years, once a
month in three different places, in order to find my cancer it would
take another 10 to 15 years of these exams. There is no proven safety
zone.
I am making a list of all the tests etc. I think that they check the
liver through blood? She did mention regularly scheduled blood tests,
but I don't remember. Know I have to go back to her end next month after
mammogram. So much for being ready to go to Doctor alone! Guess I need
to find the tape recorder or drag my husband.
Think I am entering the next phase, getting angry that this had to
happen to me, getting angry that my energy level stinks, and most of all
I still can't run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry.
Love,
Debby
P. S. Any word on Barb. I am also angry that they can't seem to win and
while I'm at it, I'm angry that the garbage men through my can in the
middle of the street and someone hit it.