Re: [MOL] Tamoxifen [00300] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Tamoxifen

Hi, Deb,

Maybe it's my cynicism creeping in, but are you sure it's not the
insurance co. that is dictating what your dr. "prefers" in this case? My
ob/gyn. was adamant that there should be a baseline ultrasound as one
begins the tamoxifen (otherwise, how can they tell if there is
thickening of the uterus if they have nothing to compare it with?) He
also strongly feels there should be an annual ultrasound as long as
you're on the drug. I would sure check around for other opinions before
you accept your doc's dismissal of this important test. I ended up
needing a D & C after my first year on tamoxifen, and given the serious
side-effects, I think you want to have a doctor monitoring what's going
on with some regularity, not just being reactive. Just one more opinion,
for what it's worth! Hope all is well with you and your family...love,
Joicy