[MOL] Re: Debby how to keep your house clean..... [01464] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re: Debby how to keep your house clean.....

Hi Debby,
I have a house keeper come in once a week for three hours a day, she dusts
and vacuums all but our room and the laundry room.  That is a big help, and
keeps me motivated.
I watch the weather when our clothes hamper is close to having a load to do,
I do it and hang it out.
I have this routine;
After supper I clean the kitchen, and then set the table for Mother for
breakfast, and put out the pills for her, Don and me.
All that all that is left to do is take my shower and play on the PC for
awhile, then to bed.
In the morning, get up let the Dog out, go pottie, feed the Dog, go make the
beds, back to the bathroom and wash up brush teeth and hair, get dressed,
eat, water outdoor plants, come back in and load dishwasher, then I decide
what to do for the day, if it is to hot I work inside.
Never is there a mess left in the kitchen, everything has a place and if it
is used, it goes back where it was found, or in the sink for me to put in
ther dishwasher, if it is dirty clothes they are put in the hamper right
away, wet towels hang over the shower doors, when dry they are put in the
hamper.
You all know when you live in a house there are always messes made,  make a
sandwich, you leave bread crumbs and a dirty knife, so you wash off the
counter and rinse off the knife and put in the dishwasher or sink.
When you brush your teeth you wipe out the sink and if need be wipe off the
counter, now I don't have kids to clean up after, but do have Don and Mom
that leave a mess for me to clean, so I do bathroom checks and kitchen checks
and clean up messes right away.
When we eat a meal, we all take our dishes to the sink, food to the counter
by the fridge, the chairs go back to the table like they belong, I do the
rest.
When you keep up with all of these things it will give you extra time for
lawn work, painting, taking care of a garder or flowers, power wash the
house, etc.
My kids and grand kids follow these rules except the two little ones, but
they are being trained.
I never have clutter, clothes are in the closet, dressers, hamper or in the
washer or on the line.  Nothing is under my beds, dressers only have on them
what belongs there, never clutter.
Dirty dishes go right in the dishwasher after a meal, mine is run right after
supper and put away before I go to bed.  My kitchen counters only have on
them what belongs there, and are always clean and ready to prepare meals,
snacks or whatever.
If anything is spilt on the floors, it is cleaned up right away.  The Carpets
get cleaned at least every three months, they don't look like they need it to
other people but I know they are dirty so they get cleaned, the carpet will
last longer too.
If you just keep everything picked up and put away, right away it is a snap
to keep the house clean.
I hardly ever watch TV, to me it is a waste of time.  I like the PC, cause
you can learn so much, and keep in touch with so many.
Last Wed. I went and cleaned my daughters bedroom and bathroom, dusted her
living room and cleaned her kitchen, it wasn't bad, she just got hurt trying
to keep her daughter from getting kicked by a horse, and put her back out.
I am so busy all the time cause I do repairs that men usually do.  I do have
time to play, and could go on vacations too.
Now all you have to do is find a place for everything and keep it there.
Have fun,,,LOL  Now Debby don't you be telling me stories, never know when I
may come for a visit.  LOL
Loc ya,
Mom (Nanc) ():-)

In a message dated 6/25/99 3:13:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, debg@home.com