Re: [MOL] Progression of breast cancer: TO LIZ [01446] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Progression of breast cancer: TO LIZ

Hi Roberta,
You can't start any earlier than it is now. You can start before it
becomes any later. Find a local support group to help you wend your
way through this process, but stop delaying. Life is too important to
just let it slip away. I don't know what your situation is work wise
and financially, but I am a single woman, 58 years who works three
part time jobs. When they discovered this lump I wanted to wait until
summer quarter was over (6 weeks) and my doctor insisted that was
unacceptable. I waited 2 weeks to get my students to Mid Term test
time before I had to be gone. My brother covered my classes for a
week and my students met at my home for the rest of the summer
session and I taught from my recliner.

Your treatment will be more difficult than it would have been if you
had taken care of it earlier, but cancer is not likely to cure itself
without your taking steps to have it stopped. Nutrition and
alternative methods may be helpful, but the surest way we know today
is traditional medicine and you should go for it. If it puts you deep
in debt, well that happens but the alternative is much worse. Love
yourself; value yourself enough to get the help you need. You are
worth it.
Liz

>Hi, Liz.
> Thanks for your message.  I will give some more thought to the form of
>treatment that you suggest.  It does seem to be working for so many people at
>this forum.  My second biggest problem (money, indeed, being the first) with
>it is the fact that I've heard SO much concerning the benefits of EARLY
>detection and treatment as opposed to the negative consequences of getting
>started too late.  It used to be said, and I don't know if this is still
>true, that one should receive a mammogram regularly because one's chances of
>survival are so much better as a result of that early detection.  By the time
>one can feel a lump, the results of treatment are less favorable.  Well, what
>does that say with regards to waiting until the lump has grown into something
>far more ominous?  What's your opinion, Liz?
> Thanks,
>Roberta

Liz Patterson
Patterson & Associates