Re: [MOL] Progression of breast cancer: TO LIZ [01442] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Progression of breast cancer: TO LIZ

Hi, Liz.
 Thanks for your message.  I will give some more thought to the form of
treatment that you suggest.  It does seem to be working for so many people at
this forum.  My second biggest problem (money, indeed, being the first) with
it is the fact that I've heard SO much concerning the benefits of EARLY
detection and treatment as opposed to the negative consequences of getting
started too late.  It used to be said, and I don't know if this is still
true, that one should receive a mammogram regularly because one's chances of
survival are so much better as a result of that early detection.  By the time
one can feel a lump, the results of treatment are less favorable.  Well, what
does that say with regards to waiting until the lump has grown into something
far more ominous?  What's your opinion, Liz?
 Thanks,
Roberta