Re: [MOL] Progression of breast cancer: TO DENISE and ALL [01410] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Progression of breast cancer: TO DENISE and ALL

Dear Denise,
  Thank you for taking the time to respond with your message.  I truly hope
that I didn't offend you, but I'm afraid that I did, along with offending
perhaps many others at MOL.
  I understand that everyone in the group has deep, heart-felt concerns about
this atrocious disease of cancer because it has touched each person by way of
family, friends, or him/herself.  I do understand how emotional and trying it
can be.
  Denise, I apologize to you and to everyone else at MOL.  I really didn't
intend on being so callous, but I guess that's exactly what I did.  I worded
my message quite harshly, only because I was talking about myself and trying
to be objective, but I didn't take into consideration that those who would be
reading it were not medical professionals, but warm, caring, sensitive people
who are worrying about their loved ones.  It must have sounded awful.  I'm so
sorry.
  I have a husband and a nineteen year old daughter, both of whom I will miss
dearly if I don't survive this battle.  I believe in God and Heaven, and
believe that I will see them again, but I don't want to leave just yet!  I'm
not counting down the days, or anything that morbid.  I simply wanted to know
if ANYONE had any idea how much time I had to fight this thing?  Of course, I
might have all the time in the world.  I know that.  As Lillian said, we
don't deal in time frames, because it tends to make people give up.  I
understand that.  I only asked because I'd never had any dealings with cancer
before, and now that I've been forced to come face to face with my own
mortality, and since I haven't been to a doctor, I wanted someone to tell me,
if all my efforts failed, how long I'd be able to enjoy my family.
  I started to ramble on, I hope that was clear.
  God bless you all and keep you and your loved ones well.
Roberta