Re: [MOL] Progression of breast cancer: TO LILLIAN [01405] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Progression of breast cancer: TO LILLIAN

Dear Lillian,
  Thanks so much for your reply.  You all sound so nice and caring and
interested.  It feels good to be able to, at least, talk about it (my husband
is in denial, I think).
  Anyway, as far as your question regarding the type and stage of the cancer:
 It's very difficult for me to answer that without getting graphic, but I'll
try.  From everything that I've read, and pictures that I've looked through,
this particular kind seems to be very distinct looking.  I believe that you
can't mistake it for anything else.  It isn't the type of cancer (truly, only
the doctor can tell the type) so much as the resulting disfigurement.  As I
said, I don't want to get graphic, but it's very distinguishable.  It's not
simply a lump (it WAS, but I ignored it ) or a cyst...most of the breast is
involved.  As far as my guess as to which stage I'm at:  I'm guessing at
least Stage II because I now have a lump under the adjoining arm.  I may be
wrong.  It's only a guess.
  You are right that the fear of chemotherapy has kept me from it.  As I said
in my response to Cori's message, I'd prefer to try other methods than the
conventional.   I was told, and I've read, that this particular cancer (or
it's special path within the breast) is relatively rare and that it is
especially aggressive and resistant to treatment anyway.  So, why not just
opt for the unconventional?  Who knows?
  I will check out the URLS that you sent for the photo albums.  :)
  Thanks, Lillian, very much.
Roberta