Re: [MOL] Progression of breast cancer [01396] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Progression of breast cancer

Dear Roberta,

Your question about survival rates for untreated breast cancer simply left me
numb.  I don't have the answers you seek,  but then again, I think we're asking
the wrong questions.  My 85 yr. old mother-in-law was diagnosed with breast
cancer in January.  The doctor said that she had probably had it for at least
four years (with no symtoms).  She had a radical mastectomy on Thursday morning
and called me to come pick her up on Friday afternoon to take her home.  She also
requested dinner out on the way home.  So there we were at Red Lobster.  She just
finished her last round of chemo and is doing simply wonderful.  I don't
understand how she does it, but, I don't question it either.  She's amazing.

My advice to you is to get more information.  My son is undergoing chemotherapy
for acute promyelocytic leukemia at this time and I've found that the more info I
get, the better prepared I am when complications arise.  It's a day by day
journey.  You just have to stay in the game.  Statistics don't mean much to
me...not when it's someone you love and care for.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Denise