Re: [MOL] Progression of breast cancer [01392] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Progression of breast cancer

Dear Roberta:  None of us are in the medical profession; so our opinions are
just that our opinions.  We are  as a group not into statistics; as the
majority of us feel that estimated guesses are just that estimated guesses
and were someone to tell someone they have two months to live, that this
undermines hope in the patient to fight; which is so vital.  I don't know
how anyone can know if they have a stage 1 or 11 breast cancer if a biopsy
has not been done on the lymph nodes.  It must be remembered that there are
some 99 cancers our there and under that 99 cancers there are many types of
cancer cells.  Some cancer cells grow far more rapidly than others and then
there is the stage of the cells.  When I had breast cancer there were three
different types of cancer cells and all three were at a different stage.  I
must also tell you that there are quite a few wonderful folks on this forum
who were told to go home, they only had a few months and they fought very
hard, some here 4 year's later, some 2, some 1; but the point is they were
told they were going to die with-in a couple of months.  I also feel
compelled to tell you that they have so many new medications, therapies;
etc. out  that are truly wonderful; that can irradiate cancer and for breast
cancer early stages like 1 and 2 if that is the stage, they can do a
lumpectomy, and then the patient can choose if they want implants.  As far
as chemo or radiation every one is different and the tolerance levels are
different.  So many people are more afraid of the therapy than the surgery.
I would hope that the person you are writing for, or if it being yourself
that at this stage of breast cancer they would want to have treatment and
live life to the fullest.  We always suggest that the patient get a couple
of opinions and believe me when I say that many times when a lump is found
and it has not been proven cancer there is a good change is is a cyst.  I
was unable to get how you are figuring a stage; etc.  If it is a slow
growing cancer, that lump could have been sitting there (mind you as a very
small lump) for year's.  I do not believe I am telling you what you want to
hear friend; but I am being very open and honest with you.  If I may be of
further service kindly just ask.  Welcome to our wonderful forum where you
will meet many wonderful people.  Your friend,   lillian

(our photo albums)
http://www.angelfire.com/sc/molangels/index.html
     ( Very informational)
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/molers/index.html