Re: [MOL] Deb and all [01307] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Deb and all

Dearest Gwen - you sure sound like you need a BIG HUG  ()  ()  () 000 X X X from
cyberspace.  I know you are scared and overwhelmed and I certainly don't blame
you.   You just need to stay positive and stay focused on your wellness...God
will hold you in the palm of his hand and before you know it the surgery will be
behind you...
Not having had a mastectomy I can't speak for myself - but I have 2 friends who
both did undergo reconstructive surgery at the time of the original surgery and
they were thrilled they had.  I think it would be tougher to get up the courage
to go back in again later !! I know it helped them mentally and neither had any
regrets - I spent the night at the hospital with one of them, and they kept her
comfortable...she dozed in and out for many hours and in no time cooked a great
Thanksgiving dinner for all of us a few weeks later.
Dear Gwen, my heart goes out to you - I know you're scared and that's OK - it's
also OK to vent.  Your hubby is probably just really scared too which is
understandable.  You just do what your intuition and inner gut tell you is right
for you.  If you be still and center yourself, you'll find the answers within.
Right now the inner you is just one big turmoil - take some time out and relax -
take a nice bubble bath, listen to soft music, still the inner you and you then
follow your own heart.  Everyone is different.  Know also you have all our love
and prayers and support in any way we can be there for you.  Stay strong, take
heart and keep the faith.  Love. Cori.