From: Todd and Tami Hagerman
To: Cancer
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 1999 2:20 PM
Subject: [MOL] Laid dad to rest.

Hi Molers,
  we laid dad to rest yesterday. dad would have been overwelmed at all the flowers that were sent and all the people that came to express their sympathy. we had two poems read from mol forum that had been posted before. it was a beautiful service. dad would have been proud.
   dad always used to say that things always went wrong whenever he tried to do something. well even in the funeral procession this seemed to be true. i was driving the car with my mom and sister in it behind the hearse, and i looked up in the rearview mirror and didn't see anyone else behind us. the hearse stopped and the funeral director got out and said in all his 40 years of doing this that he had never lost a funeral procession before. someone coming from the other direction wasn't paying attention and slammed on his brakes and broadsided my aunt's car that had my dad's mom in it. my aunt got hurt and my uncle got bruised up. who would ever have thought that this would have happened??? my dad was probably looking down just shaking his head and telling us that if we hadn't went to all this fuss over him that none of this would have happened. this sure shakes up a funeral. it was terrible that it happened but it broke things up and almost made things easier for me to handle. we all said that this could only happen to dad. in all seriousness now, it was so hard to lose dad but i know that he is in such a beautiful place with no more pain and suffering, how could i ever be so selfish to wish him back. i will miss him teribbly but i know he is happy and waiting for the day when we will see him again.
love
tami