Re: [MOL] LUNG METS [01239] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] LUNG METS

Hi!
It is so very hard, when a mother gets sick.  I lost my mother to cancer and
my sister, to a car accident.  In the former case I was 35, and in the
latter, 19, however in many ways my reaction was the same.  I was so
overwhelmed with grief and emotion that I could not play an active role in
their treatment.

I think it is very important to find a good person you can talk to. Maybe a
counselor, a member of the clergy, a good friend or even a support group.

You need someplace to go to cry, someone to listen and people with cool
heads.  A support group, by the way, is a good source of lots of
information, such as good doctors in your area.

Cancer lists like this are a good source of info about the most uptodate
treatments in this area.  There is no book that contains all the information
I've gathered from reading articles posted here, and the experiences of
other people.

I would highly recommend for you to read the books of Bernie Siegel.  They
have been wonderful for me, as a cancer survivor, in my approach to living
with cancer, and I think, would have been equally helpfully to me if I was a
person trying to help a loved one with this disease.

I send you a lot of love, hugs and prayers; do stay here.  This is a very
nice, supportive group.

Martha