Re: [MOL] wigs [00654] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] wigs

Martha, I am with you -- wigs are definitely NOT for everyone! Not only
did I hate the way they felt, but it made me frustrated that guys can
can go bald and no one thinks twice, but let a woman do it, and they are
strange! So, though I did buy I a wig, I never wore it even once! My son
wore it to school once to win a bet, and male friends who came to visit
liked to clown around in it, but all it was ever used for was comic
relief, LOL!

I ended up opting for hats -- it's amazing how many cute (and cheap)
ones are available. I chose not to worry about hiding my baldness, but
to accessorize it with earrings. (Only wish I had thought to get some of
those cute temporary tatoos!) I also used scarves sometimes, but hats
were easier to slip on and off, and lots of times I just went bald
(pre-Demi Moore). I did this at work, too, and received nothing but
support. My hope was that others might feel more comfortable making
their own choices about what to wear or not wear. After all, much of it
comes down to what we're familiar with.

So, friends facing baldness -- experiement and do what works for you!
Love, Joicy