Re: [MOL] Hi there [00558] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Hi there

We had a rather slow day today.  Glad you have made your decision on your treatment; but sorry to hear they needed to take another biosopy  on the left side.  Please let us know the results of this biosopy.  Your friend, lillian
-----Original Message-----
From: Gwen Kouts <gwen@donet.com>
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
Date: Thursday, June 10, 1999 6:19 PM
Subject: [MOL] Hi there

I only received nine emails today... am wondering if something is wrong with the Mol forum?

Haven't posted for quite a while, just want to let you know what is going on. I sought three opinions on breast cancer treatment, after already having had the surgery (tumor removed) and lymph nodes removed.  Tumor was Ductal Carcinoma Infiltrating and lymph nodes were clean. Tumor was 2.5 cm which requires chemo, and radiation/ or mastectomies because of LCIS condition. Settled on Doctors in Columbus, part of the Arthur James Cancer Hospital - they seem on the ball, and get things done.  Have had a lot of tests, one of which showed a lump in left. breast - had a biopsy of that this past Tuesday.  Should get results tomorrow. What a roller coaster ride it has been since Barb (my sister) died May 18th, then the two surgeries, and now who knows?

Went back to work a couple of days ago, just because... told my boss it is day to day.  With the chemo, which might start next week, Adriamycin  and C...........whatever, they said all my hair will fall out within 15 days.  Sounds like fun.  I already bought a wig but am worried about it staying on my head!  Any experience about wigs?

Julie and Greg's divorce is under way.  She is church going, and very dedicated to the Lord, home, and family, but meanwhile, at 37, he decided he needs his freedom.  I hope to be able to come up with the money to buy Greg out on that house over there, but I don't know for sure.  I would like for her to be able to stay in the house, it needs a lot of work, but it is basically a nice sound house, and she needs a place for her and the kids.  She is working with the Burea of Rehabilitation because of her hearing problem, they are supposed to be helping her, but I am not sure how.  I think she will be getting hearing aid for both ears, and glasses. Supposedly training, but not sure.  Bob and I have been helping all we can, and the court finally after four months, made him start giving her a little money.

Have been reading all postings, and feel so much love in the forum.  Hope you all are doing well, and have a great Friday and weekend!  Frank, enjoy the nice weather with your family!  Marti and Lillian, and all others, I so appreciate all the postings you take the time to put on the forum.

Love, Gwen K.