Re: [MOL] Radiation or complete masectomy? [02208] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Radiation or complete masectomy?

Dear Shannon,
Hope you don't mind my butting, but I just went through the same. Dx
with DCIS 2/2/99, began radiation 4/5/99, finished 5/19/99 - total 33
treatments including 5 boosts. After the second week my energy levels
started to decline and kept going down until this week. I feel that I am
on my way back up but slowly. As to riding a horse or not play it by
ear. Line someone up to ride for you in case you can't if that is
needed.
I set aside one hour about 2 hours after treatment, that was when it
would hit me, and either went to sleep or just watched the tube or read
- down time. I did not run at all just the thought...... As for the
tamoxifen I have not made up my mind yet and want to go for a second
opinion and a bone density test. If I decide to do it I also want an
ultrasound to use as a base line.
If you have any questions that I could answer please feel free to ask.
Debby G.