Re: [MOL] Radiation or complete masectomy? [02203] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Radiation or complete masectomy?

Shannon- do you suppose they bumped you because your name is a lot like mine
and i asked to be removed from the list? I dunno!

Every person's response to their treatment is different. sure, some things are
similar, but mostly your unique response will depend on how you personally are
affected by treatment.

I have an artist  friend who is 80 years old, had chemo and radiation and
painted all through the hot summer in her un-air conditioned studio, beautiful
work, never slowed down. eventually, the radiation made her tired, so she
rested more.

I - on the other hand - got wiped out by chemo, and breezed through the
radiation.

others, well, we're all different.

the hardest thing for me about radiation was going back every day, as it's an
hour and a half from home.

before you begin treatment, ask to have your case brought before the local
tumor board, most major hospitals or med schools have them. they look at your
particular chemistry and determine specific recommendations for your tumor.

Make use of this time to baby yourself, watch happy movies and read "8 ways to
optimum health" or something like that by Dr. Andrew Weil. He's head of
integbrated medicine at the Universityt of Arizona. Hot stuff, really - read
it.

good luck! - sharon