Re: [MOL] Radiation or complete masectomy? [02197] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Radiation or complete masectomy?

Hi Liz,

I got kicked off the MOL list for some reason and haven't got back on.
I've been SO swamped at school, and I got some bad news myself.  I had a
mammogram because of my mum and have been diagnosed with DCIS, so I'm
trying to get as much info as I can and figure out what to do. It's
looking like a lumpectomy and radiation, followed by tamoxifen. What
kinds of side effects did you have from the radiation? I've heard it can
cause a real loss of energy. Did you find that? Should I plan not to
ride my horse during treatment?

Hope things are going well for you. I'm going to be REALLY glad when
this quarter is over.

Shannon