Re: [MOL] Deb [02156] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Deb

I "only had DCIS" and I have an oncologist. My surgery was 2 1/2 years ago.
I alternate between seeing the surgeon and the oncologist every six months.
This will go on for 5 years and then will be once a year checkups. Be
assured, life will return to "normal". You're just still in a rough spot
right now. Take heart and remain positive.
Christine

At 03:46 PM 25/05/99 -0400, you wrote:
>June,
>Where do you live that you go to Staten Island Hospital? I am in New
>jersey.
>Right now I have appointments with my PCP, radiation onc., surgeon, and
>of course weekly with my therapist. Because I "only had DCIS" I did not
>need chemo therefore I do not have an oncologist. My life is revolving
>around these appointments. I try to make them on the same day but of
>course someone is always off that day.
>Debby
>
>Argila, June wrote:
>>
>> Hi Deb:  I do know but my life has calmed down considerably at this point.
>> I see the oncologist about once every 3 mos. and I get CT Scan for Staten
>> Island Hosp every 3 or 4 mos.  Nothing like it was, thank God.  Although, I
>> do know that things will get hectic again unless we have some miracle drugs
>> come on the market.  Take care.  Your friend June A.

I am
>> > out
>> > easy
>> > complaining