Re: [MOL] To Greg's MOL friends [02142] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] To Greg's MOL friends

Dear Nanc,

Thanks for writing back and for the previous letter.  They really mean a lot
to me, hearing from Greg's friends has helped so much.  I hope you're doing
okay too, I keep thinking about everyone and I know they've replied to me
about Greg but I wonder how his friends are doing too.  I know Dee was
having problems and her dad isn't doing well, I keep you all in my prayers.

My mom and I went to see Greg's onc. today.  It was nice of him to talk with
us and he went over everything, he even showed us the last cat scan he had.
He said basically that it was surprising Greg held on for so long and from
what he showed us in his records he had numerous tumors and problems from
them.  I couldn't believe what I saw and it was really really hard to see.
It must have been so hard for him, the pain :(  He had a pretty good
attitude I think and his Onc. said Greg knew what was going on, that the
prognosis was very poor but he still kept hoping.  My mom felt better after
our meeting because she was second guessing herself all this time, she felt
like she should have got him to the hospital, but the Dr. told us it
wouldn't have mattered, they would have only been able to prolong the
inevitable.  So we learned some things today and I realized that Greg must
have fought harder than any of us realized.  They are going to use his case
for research now, too.  I'm glad because Greg would be pleased to know he
might be helping someone else.

Shona had saved all of Greg's voice mails he left on her service.  She gave
me the code to listen to them last night.  I couldn't believe it, she had
saved messages from way back last summer.  It was so good to hear his voice,
he sounded so sweet.  I was so glad she let me hear it.

Well, I'd better get going, there is so much to do here.  I'll write again
soon.  After I get home I will have a chance to go thru all the emails
people have sent and respond to each one.

I hope you're okay too, you're thought of often.  Love, Sarah