[MOL] Linda's Dad [02085] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Linda's Dad

It is with a heavy heart that I share with you that Linda's dad passed away
this morning at 4:30 am. I just got off the phone with her sister Barbara.
The blessing was that Linda flew down yesterday and was able to be with him;
in fact the whole family was with him, holding his hand, sharing their love,
as he died. Barbara shared that it was a very peaceful death, and he was
ready and without fear. The family was ready as well, and they still feel
that God gave them a "miracle" of that extra time.

>From time to time he seemed to recognize other family members, like his
mother, who had "gone before." We believe his mother was there to help see
him home; he seemed to be in conversation with her and others at the end.
The irony for me is that I met this wonderful family a number of years ago
when I was asked to bury Barbara's husband, after he was killed in an auto
accident. Barbara and I spoke this morning about how, as hard as it is,
there is a gift in having time before a death to say good-bye, to share all
the unspoken things, to clear up unfinished business. A reminder that, as
Carla wrote, we only have "now."

I will be doing the service next Wednesday up at Oxford (NJ), and ask that
you just keep them all in your prayers. Love to each of you, Joicy