Re: [MOL] Radiation or complete masectomy? [01273] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Radiation or complete masectomy?

Shannon--
The most important thing your mom can do is kick Murphy out of her life.

She has apparently got an oncologist who has taken some time diagnosing,
testing and proposing treatment  a team player, and Murphy would not have
given her that.
d she has a daughter who loves and cares for her as you do. Again, not a Murphy
type of deal.

Is her cancer estrogen sensitive? Tamoxifin alone has been known to be
effective against estrogen sensitive tumors for some people.

A mastectomy will not get the stuff out of her lymph system, but it will
"debulk" the disease, allowing her immune system to have the weaker foe to
fight in the form of stray cells ever they may be in her body.

I know many people who have had mastectomy and are full of life and energy. My
sister even got so she would joke about forgetting to wear her prosthesis to
Bingo!

In later years, who knows, the ones who had cures other than chemo may be the
long-term lucky ones.

The most important thing is to have the attitude that whatever she is doing is
curing her cancer.

Best of luck to her.

-sharon