[MOL] Re: your worries [00979] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re: your worries

What you have could be a number of things that can be fixed or are at least not
major. And the stress of worrying about cancer can cause constipation -- which
can cause abdominal pain!

Worrying is a waste of time. Get to a doctor. When you are diagnosed, if you
are not satisfied, get a second opinion.

If you are told that it's nothing to worry about, ask to know what it is if
it's not cancer. Ask what you can do about it. Make sure that what you are
doing about it gets results. If you still have the lumps after whatever
treatment, get a biopsy. This is where they take a sample of the lump and check
it to see if it is malignant. It's no big deal and will relieve your fears.

This is no fun at any age - if you are doing self exams at 18, good for you.

--sharon