[MOL] FRiday Chicken Soup for the Soul [02273] Medicine On Line

[MOL] FRiday Chicken Soup for the Soul

Good Morning My Friends,

HOpe you enjoy this mornings posting.

  No Matter What Happens

  I remember a time when each day was long,
  When the world was a playground and my life a song,
  And I fluttered through years with barely a care,
  Ignoring the future and what waited there.

  School was intriguing and filled with delights.
  I played away daytimes and dreamed away nights.
  My parents assured me I had nothing to fear,
  And that no matter what happened, they'd always
  be there.

  Little I knew of a world outside home,
  Where tragedy, sorrow and murder could roam.
  All I saw were blue skies, rainbows and stars.
  I looked past destruction of buildings and cars.

  As a child, my biggest concern was just me;
  I had to be happy, I had to be free.
  And if I was content, I would not shed a tear,
  And no matter what happened, I still would be here.

  But as I grow up, darkness starts to set in;
  My bright world has turned into concrete and tin.
  I now see the violence I looked past before;
  My friends start to die and my heart hits the floor.

  Deadly diseases claim people I love,
  There are landfills below me, pollution above.
  I often think back to when life was a game.
  But no matter what happens, it can't be the same.

  There are days when I just want to break down and howl,
  To give up completely, to throw in the towel,
  But I hold my head high and I push my way through.
  I have too much to give and so much to do.

  And I make a vow that, though it'll be hard,
  I'll go on with a smile and play every card.
  I'll give all I can, help others and love.
  No matter what happens, life will bloom again,
  And the strength I don't have will come from above.

  So come, take my hand, and through darkness we will sail-
  If we all join together, we never can fail.
  We'll remember to care, remember to feel,
  And no matter what happens, our world we will heal.

God Bless,
marty auslander