[MOL] THURSDAY Chicken Soup for the Soul [02201] Medicine On Line

[MOL] THURSDAY Chicken Soup for the Soul

Good Morning My Friends,

 Teenagers Today

       I can't count how many times people have uttered, while
  shaking their heads in obvious disappointment, " just don't
  know what is with teenagers today."
       The other day I was in my car on my way to the farmers
  market with my friend Jan when we passed two teens standing
  by the side of the road with a car wash sign.  My car was
  filthy and my heart was full, so I pulled over.  There were
  teenagers everywhere.  There was a group directing the cars
  and another group spraying them down.  As sponges were wiped
  over every square inch of my dirty card, I sat enjoying the
  little water battles and the many silent scenarios that were
  so obviously taking place.  I couldn't help but wonder how
  many crushes, how many new friendships and how many little
  insecurities were in the air on this beautiful Saturday
  afternoon.  I was amazed at how forty to fifty teenagers had
  devoted their Saturday to washing cards, and I was curious
  what their motivation might be.
       At the end of the assembly line I handed them a twenty-
  dollar bill and asked what they were raising money for.
  They explained to me that a friend of their, C. T. Schmitz,
  had recently died of cancer.  He was only fifteen years old
  and six-feet-two.  He had gone to school with a lot of the
  teenagers who were there that day and each of them had
  memories of a boy sweeter than any they had known.  His
  friend Kevin had decided to put this car wash together
  because he wanted to honor his friend and also bring
  together his classmates with his boy scout troop.  He told
  me that they wanted to plant a tree in front of their school
  and if they raised enough money they would put a plaque
  there also.  Both would be in memory of their friend C. T.
       They handed me a bag of homemade cookies with my
  receipt and we drove away.  I asked Jan to read to me what
  the tag that was tied to the bag said.  It said simply,
  "Thanks for helping us plant a tree of C. T."
       Yeah!  I don't what is with teenagers today!

And to add my opinion...what I would give to ba a teenager again, Lol

God Bless
marty auslander