RE: [MOL] G'day y'all! [02095] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] G'day y'all!

Well Chris,
	I just got back for The City of Hope and have good and bad news. My MRI
came out clean, all my other tests came out good, but there is real concern
about doing surgery at this point. Apparently the tumors are real close to
the heart and other vital things in that area and they don't want to go in
and find out that they are actually attached and not just next to, which
means they would be removing my lung but not the tumors :(. So now the game
plan is to do heavy Chemo with Radiation to reduce that size, we hope,
before surgery. It will make that surgery harder for the surgeon but may
give him more margin to work with. The drawback is if it doesn't reduce the
tumors I'll probably go from 3A to stage 4 Ugh. I'm lucky that there is no
other cancer around but unlucky that it is in a real bad location. So my
little battle went to full stage war. Guess I get to go bald now :), always
wondered what it would be like...
Monday the Surgeon, Oncologist, Radiation Oncologist and staff will be going
over my case to figure the best line of attack, I think it's a real Coin
toss, hope it flips the right way.:)

Type at YA later, I need to slap myself back to happy. ;-)

=<ST>=
AKA Duckman3
Stephen R. Teel
st@si4.com